The earliest charter document that the Troop has is from 1939, but it is believed that Troop 214 was originally chartered by the Pleasant Valley Parents and Teachers Association in 1931. In July of 1991, the Troop was moved to the Knights of Columbus at St. James Church in Liberty, MO. At the time, 5 Scouts and 5 adults moved with the Troop. The troop grew and prospered.
Troop 214 has enjoyed adventures in: Philmont Scout Ranch, NM, Ely Minnesota, Sea Base, FL
Troop 214 has earned the National Camping Award in 1988, 1989, 1997, 1998 & 1999. The Troop has also earned the Northstar District Roundtable Perfect Attendance Award in 2000 - 2001 and 2001 - 2002.
Troop 214 has earned the Pope Paul VI award in 1998, 1999 & 2000. In 2001, the Troop was honored as a recipient of the National Gold Medallion Award from the Catholic Committee on Scouting.
In a response to the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, Troop 214 raised $6,270 and gave the monies to the American Red Cross for the victims and their families. 6th District Congressman, Sam Graves visited the Liberty High School to praise Troop 214 and other Northland Volunteers for their efforts.
Troop 214 goes to summer camp at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation where we participate in the Mic-O-Say honor camping program. Troop 214 also attends camp Naish and participates in the Order of the Arrow honor camping program.